- My main reading goal for 2017 is to get my TBR pile down to ten books or less. (I originally was going to say zero but then I wouldn’t have anything else to read and then where would I be?) In order to help me achieve this goal I have decided to initiate a book buying ban for as long as I can possibly hold out. I would love to to be able to not buy any books until my goal is reached but that isn’t really realistic for me.
- Read more. Basically I want to read more books this year than I have in the past. I tend to average 50-60 books per year. Last year my goal was 75 but I only ended up reading 54. I could have easily reached my goal but for some reason my reading is sporadic. I will read 7-10 books a month for a few months but then I will go a few months not reading a single book. It’s insane! (and really confusing).
- Goodreads reading challenge: 75 books
- I started writing a novel during NANOWRIMO and got to around the half-way point but after a lot of planning and plotting I changed enough little details that I have to basically start over. My goal for this year is to finish my first novel. I would like to get it to the point where I am able to publish it but if I manage to finish the first draft then I will be happy.
- My writing goal is 500 words per day, five days a week (aka Monday-Friday).
- I usually plot a few chapters at a time instead of plotting the entire book at once (because like the first point says… I change my mind a lot). So, my goal for plotting is to do at least two chapters per week. However, if my writing is faster than my plotting I will do more.
- Editing: in the past I have completely stopped writing in order to edit. That book was never finished. So, this is more of a limitation than a goal. I am allowing myself one day a month to dedicate to editing. (keep in mind that most of the editing occurs after the first draft is finished).
- Scheduling: I just started my blog this year so I have been posting a lot recently just tying to get it up off the ground. Eventually I will be posting on a regular schedule. My goal is to post three days a week. I haven’t figured out which days those will be yet though.
- Expanding: As with every blogger I am sure, I want to get more followers and find more people that I can interact and share thoughts with. I love giving recommendations and getting them myself.
- Integrating: I want to integrate my blogging with my other social media sites. I currently have a Goodreads account, a Twitter account, and an Instagram account. I want to be able to bring those all together like extensions off each other.
- Creativity: I want to brainstorm and get unique ideas for posts other than just reviews, TBRs, and wrap-ups.
- Reviewing: I want to write a review for at least 3 out of every 5 books that I read.
- I’m not going to say the traditional (I want to lose weight or exercise more, etc) but I do want to find some type of martial arts class. I am a member at the YMCA and they have classes but I want something I can progress in and get better, not just a community class made for everyone.
- I just recently moved back home so I am also looking for a job. I hope to find one in my field of study so I can get some experience.
- School: I am applying for graduate school in the fall.
Those are all my resolutions for now. They seem like a lot but most of them all go together. What are your resolutions for 2017? (Bookish or otherwise) I would love to know.